I hope you took up the challenge issued last Friday to carve out some time to rest and reset this week.
What came up for you?
- Did you call someone that had been on your mind?
- Did you take a walk or two in the middle of the day and gift your brain some extra oxygen?
- Did you let go of some “to dos” that you realized didn’t need to be “to done”?
- Did you make just one meeting more efficient? (Or better yet cancel it when you realized it wasn’t necessary?)
- Did you unveil a bit more of your true self to those you work with?
If the answer is yes, I would love to hear about your successes.
If the answer is no, that’s okay. You get another opportunity to reset and rethink!
Today’s Thought Partner was inspired by two quotes that recently spoke to me. I hope one or both inspires and speaks to you.
“Someone with half your IQ is making 10x as you because they aren’t smart enough to doubt themselves.” – Writer and former heavyweight boxer, Ed Latimore
“Without altering the facts of the situation I am facing, and without ignoring the reality of what must be done, what is the most useful and empowering story I can tell myself about what is happening and what I need to do next?” – Best-selling author of Atomic Habits, James Clear
- Where are you “outsmarting” yourself and therefore holding yourself back?
- Is your “intelligence” keeping you from believing in your talents?
- Are you ready to pull the ripcord on something that’s been on your mind?
- What story do you need to tell yourself so you can take the next step forward?
- What do you need to rethink in order to think differently?
Wait for more, no more. Start now.