May is a fun month – there’s Mother’s Day, the end of the school year or semester for many students, Memorial Day (here in the United States), wedding season, summer movie blockbusters, fun summer reads, and if you’re a Taurus or Gemini, you’re celebrating another trip around the sun. May also has more than a few of us thinking about the summer….what we’re going to do over the summer, what our kids are going to do over the summer, if we can take a vacation, and to where.
As we’re planning summer fun, vacation, rest, relaxation, camp, etc….it’s important to be cognizant of…dun, dun, dun…
THE SUMMER SLIDE
Like kids who return to school in the fall who seemingly have forgotten their math facts, reading strategies, manners, and possibly even basic hygiene (I speak from experience, my first job 25+ years ago, was teaching high school in Florida, in August, with ninth graders 🤢…), so to do our teams and staff experience a bit of a summer slide and dip in motivation. It’s natural. Blame it on the heat (Southern Hemisphere excluded).
Therefore, to avoid THE SUMMER SLIDE, several companies I work with have opted to add summer training, motivational team gatherings, skills enhancement workshop series, and Summer Group Masterminds for their talent.
If you want to avoid THE SUMMER SLIDE and ensure your team shows up in the fall with the sharpest skills (and behaviors and hygiene you expect 😉) think about what you’re planning for their summer.
Below is a list of popular workshops and series sessions already on the calendar this summer, reach out if your team would benefit from preventing THE SUMMER SLIDE.
- Tapping into Emotional Intelligence – Leadership’s #1 Most Desired Skill
- Building and Maintaining Successful Relationships
- Keys to Conducting Challenging Conversations
- Leading With Your Values
- Principles of Effective Communication
- The Lens of Leadership – Less Authenticity, More Intentionality
- Outsmart Your Brain and Perform At Your Best
- More Productive Conversations – Anywhere, with Anyone
- Relationship Rescue – Leaders Learning to Review, Repair, and Reprise
- Increasing Employee Engagement Through Connection and Coaching
- Intentional Leadership 101
- Managing Conflict with Courage
Group Mastermind sessions are smaller, intimate, virtual sessions, usually offered to select participants and include topics presented by the group and might include:
- Conducting Difficult Conversations
- Emotional Intelligence
- Empathetic Communication
- Imposter Syndrome
- Intentional Leadership
- Executive Presence
- Career Transitions
- Relationship Management
Assessments in the summer are also a great way to use this in-and-out-of-office time:
- Leadership Effectiveness 360
- Center for Creative Leadership 360
- Employee Engagement Culture Surveys
- EIQ (Emotional Intelligence)
August is booked; however, select dates are still available for June and July!
PLAN YOUR SUMMER RIGHT!
AVOID THE SUMMER SLIDE!
Contact me ASAP and let’s chat.